Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm Slacking and I know it

So yet again I begin a post apologizing for my failure to keep up with it. So there I'm sorry.

But why I am slacking is another story (or many).

This past weekend I was in Portland, Oregon for one of the most jam packed, energizing weekends I've had in a long time. A group of 17 or 18 AFS (I talked about AFS here) Returnees and Staff gathered together to really jump start a new movement. In other AFS countries, young returnees are AFS. They are the movers and the shakers. In the US, that doesn't happen. So we are making that happen. In a weekend.

Now we return to our homes with a little "we can do this" attitude; able to put a face to the voice on the phone. We have people to run to when we are stonewalled and discouraged. We have sources and we have help.

Go AFS Returnee Initiative!!!

No comments: