Saturday, September 10, 2011

We all know where we were, what we were doing and how our life changed….

 

…so I’ll keep this brief. With all the memorials and tributes that are and will be taking place this weekend, you would have to live in a hole in the ground not to know that tomorrow marks 10 years since the Twin Towers fell, since our nation was attacked, and, well, since life markedly changed for many Americans. Tomorrow is the ten years anniversary of September 11, 2001.

I’m sure each of us who is old enough to remember can tell you exactly where we were when we heard the news. I was walking from my car to the school lounge when plane #1 hit. As I walked into the lounge and saw everyone standing around a tv, I thought at first it was old converge from the first bombing years earlier.

Then plane #2 hit, and I realized I was wrong—very wrong.

My first class was Intro to International Relations, and as my professor said, nothing was more International Relation material that what was happening. And as we watched news coverage, the towers fell. I remember covering my mouth and saying, “Oh my God, oh my God.”

The days and months passed. And my dad was deployed to Iraq. For a year, this was how the September 11 attack personally touch and changed my life. I’m lucky that this was mostly the only way this day affected my life, and it ultimately left my family whole and intact. My father came home, life changed, but life continued.

This day we will not forget…those victims we will will always remember.

This commercial resurfaced on the interweb, and ironically it’s a beer commercial that I find to be a classy memorial for that tragic day, ten years ago.

No comments: