Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jogging...

So this spring warm up has me itching...to go jogging. I haven't gone jogging since high school. After two weeks, I could no longer walk up stairs because my knees were killing me and I switched to roller blades. Well, here we go again. This time I popped the Aleve before I put on the sneakers and then I headed out the door.

I recently read that the best warm up is a slower version of the exercise that you intend to do--and so I figured a brisp walk was slower than a jog. So I walked...then I jogged...for maybe 10, maybe 15 yards. Lungs were burning, legs were lead. Hell this is going to be harder than I thought., I could at least make 1/2 to 3/4 of a block in high school. Man am I out of shape! The younger sibs are bugging me to take them backpacking this summer. I am not going to lag behind like I did the last time...and so tomorrow, I will pop the Aleve, put on the shoes, gear up the MP3 player and try to trot 20 yard sprints. [I think I can, I think I can...]

No comments: