Monday, March 15, 2010

"Springing" Ahead

Who ever thought that losing an hour was a good idea? The first thing I heard the morning DJ say was that the Monday following the Spring ahead had the highest number of accidents of any Monday in the year and that the three days following had a spike in heart attacks.

All I know is that last night, while my husband was snoring away, I was awake--wide awake. I almost got up and went to the other room so my tossing wouldn't wake him up (not like that's truly a concern anyway). I woke up multiple times once I finally fell asleep. And I woke up not ready for the day. Then it was grey and cloudy--not the energy boost I needed. At least it didn't rain...and the sun came out eventually.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind not gaining an hour come fall, if I didn't lose an hour come spring.

But I am looking forward to the sun being out once I'm home. I'm ready to rake my lawn. The grass is smushed and brown. It needs fluffing...and there are still leaves from my challenged tree (it still has leaves from the fall). I hate raking; yet I'm itching to get to it. Yay for Spring...soon...in a week.

S1050013

No comments: