Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ms. Domestic

So I’ve been playing Ms. Domestic of late…I enjoy it actually. Wish I had more time for this type of thing. I don’t like cleaning, but I like the house being clean. With my sister in the hospital this last week, I didn’t have quite the clean house, but I made do…

 

However, I’m finally getting to those curtains I planned for the old apartment…a few years later, but the will work in the guest room. I hit a bit of a snag when the sewing machine got mad at me. I googled “what makes my thread snap on my sewing machine.” There were separate answers for why the top thread would snap and why the bottom one would—but both are snapping. Perhaps it’s the thread (I had just switched from white to red)…before the thread goes I will play with the tension adjustment,

I think they are quite cute…DSCN0878 they will have a band of red on the top and bottom with the white zig zag stitch visible. I think the stitching gives it character.

 

Then we built our raised garden and I moved three cubic yards of topsoil to fill it. It didn’t look like a lot of soil, but it was as I expected. It seemed like a hell of a lot more after I started moving it. Now we just need to decide what we are planting and plant the seeds. We’ve got a bit of frost left before we can’t put in the tomato and pepper plants though.

Here is our garden from a distance:

DSCN0897

And lastly those cookies I included in my last blog…shortbread. A bit different than the cookies I usually make. There were no eggs…just a lot of butter, some sugar and flour, along with some salt, vanilla and almond flavoring. Sooo yummy…they practically melt. I put some Cadbury Mini eggs on them for the right look and a bit of chocolate-y goodness.

                   DSCN0879 DSCN0881 DSCN0883 DSCN0884

I had some good help making and tasting the cookies.

We have quite a few more projects lined up. What homeowner doesn’t? Some I’m looking forward too, for instance my flower bed(s). However others, weatherproofing the deck (anyone want to do that one for me?) and painting the remaining rooms of the house, I’m not looking forward to. Maybe one morning I’ll wake up and they’ll be complete?

Oh well…I guess you can’t get rainbows without rain, can you?

No comments: