Saturday, August 7, 2010

It’s always a party when family is around

So my family (or a rather small portion of my family) came over Friday night for some swimming, campfire, s’mores and  drinks.

In preparation for this gathering I stocked up on graham crackers and chocolate (I already had the marshmallows). I balanced the chemicals in the pool, and I made sure we had firewood. I bought some wine, pop and a few munchies. Then I got home from work—and the skies let loose. And so we had drinks… I bought Wine “Margarita” mixed from the fair last year and I was saving it to drink pool side when the aunts came to visit. Well, we may not have had them poolside, but had them we did (Note to self: use a drier white wine next time)

003 005 006  008 011 012 013 015

If you let these types of pictures be taken, you deserve for them to show up online.016034

 019 020 021 022 026 028 030 032 033  037

Then I brought out these. A photo does not adequately display the size of these monstrosities…let’s just say one marshmallow equals one serving. And then you were full. I forgot to bring the bag to my picnic and now I have most of a bag full. I can only feed Salem so many marshmallows….

(I did not take any of these photos, so I cannot take blame credit for the quality of the photo or the subject matter…just sayin’)

No comments: